• Hatzerim Air force Museum
- Fly through history and visit this open air museum with a large number of airplanes - some of them you can enter - , defense weapons and more. Guided tours available.
• The Dead Sea.
One of nature's famous treasures, on the lowest place on earth. Don't miss the experience of floating on the salt water, while reading a newspaper.
• Terrain trips with "Pere Midbar" jeeptours.
Family fun, outdoors workshops, jeeps to drive yourself - a unique experience and more.
For more details call Shosh Fishman at 050-3939394
• Café-Restaurant-Pub "Muza"
- to be found in the Alon/Dor gas station area at the entrance to Arad. Famous for its food and atmosphere.
• The Museum for Cochin Jewry - in Moshav Nevatim. The exotic atmosphere and traditions from the Far East.
Situated about 7 km east of Be'er Sheva on road 25 direction Dimona.
To arrange a visit please call Mira Elia at 08-9-6238299
• Kfar HaNokdim
- lies in the middle of the Judean Desert, between the city of Arad and Masada. It's a green oasis with shaded areas created by palm leaves and biblically inspired gardens. On the site there are authentic Bedouin tents and desert style guest rooms.
• Yatir Wineries
– about 10 km west from Arad you can find the Yatir Wineries, making excellent quality wines both for the Israeli market and abroad under the supervision of vintner Eran Goldwasser .
If you would like to visit the wineries please call Etty Edry on 052-8308196 - For groups up till 20 pax only.
- is the name for a site of ancient palaces and fortifications on the top of an isolated cliff on eastern edge of the Judean Desert, overlooking the Dead Sea. A modern cable car will take you to the top, where you can visit the ruins of the fortress. It is possible to climb up by foot both from the west side (Roman Rampart) and the east side of the mountain (Snake Path).
• Tel Arad National Park
- Remnants of an important city from the Canaanite and Israelite periods.
How to get there: from the hotel drive west on road 31, at the Tel Arad junction turn right (north) and after about 2 km. turn left. Please check the website www.parks.org.il
for opening hours and more information.
• Zman Midbar
- Desert Time, belongs to Sefi HaNegbi and Efrat Sar Shalom. It is a spiritual center in the middle of the desert, but only a few minutes from city life. A truly amazing spiritual experience.
Hotel Inbar is situated at the entrance to Arad and therefore and ideal spot to start your trips in the area. We have a number of suggestions:
• Artists Quarter "Lot's Wife" ("Eshet Lot") located in Arad's industrial area has a variety of small shops, galleries, work shops and museums.
• The Glass Museum
is the only one of its kind in the country. On display in the main hall are the exceptional works of the glass sculptor Gid'on Friedman, made with a unique technique invented by the artist himself. In the smaller hall you will find glass creations from other artists. Occasional workshops are given by the artist and before your guided tour you will see a short movie explaining his work and techniques.
Artists Quarter "Eshet Lot", Industrial Area, Arad.
Tel. 08-9953388, sales manager Ruth Weiss – 050-5300124
• Desert Vision
- Creative workshops, art gallery with original Israeli art, an enormous space to relax with books and a coffee shop.
Artist Quarter "Eshet Lot", Industrial Area, Arad.
Tel. 08-9959856, mobile: 054-4396824
• The Moav observation point
- on the eastern outskirts of Arad has a large sculpture made by the artist Ygal Tumarkin and a fabulous view of the Dead Sea and the Jordanian Moav Mountains on the other side of the sea.
•The Judean Desert and Sdom Mountain.
Sdom Mountain is located on the most South West point of the Dead Sea and is a unique site in nature in Israel and the world.